Update – April 28, 2021
Our elders continue to sift through a mountain of information, have conversations with many great brothers and sisters, and prayerfully determine what is the most God-honoring course of direction at this time in the Pandemic for our fellowship. We have determined that no significant change needs to be made at this time in order to maximize our faithfulness to gather for meaningful discipleship and worship. We are grateful for the wonderful spirit of grace that has permeated our fellowship over the past year and look forward to all that God is doing even during these challenging days.
Adult Bible Fellowship (ABF), Children’s and Student’s Ministries are regularly meeting on campus each Sunday morning at 9 a.m.
For details on adult class options, click HERE.
Sunday 10:30am Worship Service Options
- WORSHIP CENTER: Every other row of pews has been set up for seating and the auditorium has been configured to maintain appropriate social distance while allowing flexibility with seating. While masks are optional in the Worship Center (and throughout our buildings except in the mask-only venue), please be sensitive to those who may be concerned about their health. If you see someone wearing a mask, be thoughtful and maintain social distance and ask them if they would like for you to put on a mask while you speak to them.
- CHAPEL/OVERFLOW: The service is being live-streamed in the Chapel each week. This is a great option for those who arrive after the Worship Center is full or who prefer a smaller gathering with even more room for social distancing. Masks are optional in the Chapel with the same suggestions for being sensitive to those with personal health concerns.
- ROOM 106: The service is being live-streamed in Room 106 and this option is for those who prefer to be in smaller gathering in which masks are required by all who attend.
- HOME: We will, of course, continue to live-stream our Sunday morning worship service for those who choose to worship with us from their homes.
WATCH THIS SUNDAY’S SERVICE
If you are currently not receiving church-wide emails from Heritage and would like to, please let us know HERE. You can also stay informed thru our Facebook and Instagram by clicking the icon buttons on the top right of this page. Please don’t allow social distance to lead to spiritual isolation. We are called into a community, a family, a Body—may we be humble enough to ask for encouragement and support and may we be loving enough to eagerly meet each other’s needs. Contact us HERE or by calling (405) 720-1449 if there’s anything we can do to help. You can also stay informed through our Facebook and Instagram by clicking the icon buttons on the top right of this page.
How to Prepare for Online Worship
- Treat Sunday morning with the same priority you always do.
Let me encourage you to get up, have breakfast, silence your phone, grab your Bible, notebook, and pen. If possible, set aside Sunday mornings at 10:30am to worship with us. If that time simply does not work, purpose to set aside another specific time.
- Engage in each part of the worship service.
Yes, even the singing. It may feel a bit odd at first, but crank up the volume and join in. Sing when we sing, pray when we pray, read when we read. Help your children to participate as well. When there is preaching, listen as attentively as you always do. Do not just watch . . . engage!
- Gather your family or household and worship together.
This is an incredible opportunity for the heads of households to gather the family, and lead out in worship. This is not “every man for himself.” Instead, this is a time for God-centered, Christ-exalting leadership. Lead your household well!
- Don’t expect it to be the same as being in person.
It’s not supposed to be. We are so grateful for the technology that enables us to worship together online, but it is not a replacement or substitute for gathering with God’s people in person. We are relational beings and technology can certainly help us connect in some ways, but the intimacy we are called to must go beyond that when at all possible. Let’s be grateful for online worship, but let’s long for the time when we can be together face-to-face.
- Worship through giving.
In the midst of apparent instability and uncertainty let me encourage you to continue to praise the Lord through generous and cheerful giving with a desire to expand the kingdom and minister to others in need. Let us live as if we truly believe that we are simply stewards of all that we have received from the Lord. You can give online at heritageokc.org (“Giving”) or by mailing a check to the church office. If you need further assistance or if you are in a season of need, please let us know how we might serve you by emailing or calling (405) 720-1449.