Update – January 8
Adult Bible Fellowship (ABF), Children’s and Student’s Ministries are regularly meeting on campus each Sunday morning at 9 a.m. For details on adult class options, click HERE.
Sunday 10:30am Worship Service Options
- WORSHIP CENTER: Every other row of pews will be set up for seating. Please help us by maintaining social distancing or by wearing a face mask. Masks are optional in the Worship Center.
- CHAPEL: The service will be live-streamed in the Chapel each week. This is a great option for those who prefer a smaller gathering with even more room for social distancing. Masks are optional in the Chapel.
- ROOM 106: The service will be live-streamed in Room 106 and this option is for those who prefer to be in smaller gathering in which masks are required by all who attend.
- HOME: We will, of course, continue to live-stream this service at heritageokc.org for those who choose to worship with us from their homes.
If you are not currently receiving church-wide emails from Heritage and would like to please let us know HERE. You can also stay informed thru our Facebook and Instagram by clicking the icon buttons on the top right of this page.
How Can We Help
Please let us know how we can serve you. Several within our church family are eager and ready to talk, pray, deliver groceries and medication, etc. Please don’t allow social distance to lead to spiritual isolation. We are called into a community, a family, a Body—may we be humble enough to ask for encouragement and support and may we be loving enough to eagerly meet the needs of those in our community. Contact us at HERE or by calling (405)720-1449.
How to Prepare for Online Worship
- Treat Sunday morning with the same priority you always do.
Let me encourage you to get up, have breakfast, silence your phone, grab your bible, notebook and pen. If possible set aside Sunday mornings at 10:30am to worship with us. If that time simply does not work, purpose to set aside another specific time.
- Engage in each part of the worship service.
Yes, even the singing. It may feel a bit odd at first, but crank up the volume and join in. Sing when we sing, pray when we pray, read when we read. Help your children to participate as well. When there is preaching, listen as attentively as you always do. Do not just watch…engage!
- Gather your family or household and worship together.
This is an incredible opportunity for the heads of households to gather the family, and lead out in worship. This is not “every man for himself.” Instead, this is a time for God-centered, Christ-exalting leadership. Lead your household well!
- Don’t expect it to be the same as being in person.
It’s not supposed to be. We are so grateful for the technology that enables us to worship together online, but it is not a replacement or substitute for gathering with God’s people in person. We are relational beings and technology can certainly help us connect in some ways, but the intimacy we are called to must go beyond that when at all possible. Let’s be grateful for online worship, but let’s long for the time when we can be together face-to-face.
- Worship through giving.
In the midst of apparent instability and uncertainty let me encourage you to continue to praise the Lord thru generous and cheerful giving with a desire to expand the kingdom and minister to others in need. Let us live as if we truly believe that we are simply stewards of all that we have received from the Lord. You can give online at heritageokc.org (“Giving”) or by mailing a check to the church office. If you need further assistance or if you are in a season of need, please let us know how we might serve you by emailing or calling (405)720-1449.